Sunday, March 11, 2007

Travelling to Scotland

View from the Knock in Crieff

I finally made it to Scotland!! It wasn't the most pleasant experience travelling here. I had major problems with excess luggage and customs and I almost missed my connecting flight from Heathrow to Glasgow. I was pretty upset with the debacle at Heathrow .... only to finally arrive in Glasgow to find no Scott. More tears were shed then..but anyway ... sometimes you just got to wipe your eyes and get over it.
So for the first night in my new abode was on the couch at Dereck and Jakes place in Polmont. These 2 boys are who Scott travelled around with for 3 months. Dereck is Scottish & Jake is a fellow aussie :-)
The next day we packed up a few belongings and went to a small village just before the highlands called Crieff. Scott has a friend named Gilbert that owns the Tower Hotel. We are going to stay here for about a week and then we are sub-letting a flat in downtown Stirling. It will be nice to live somewhere for a while. The only down fall about travelling is the packing & unpacking of your backpack ( i am soooo over it ).

No comments: