Monday, March 12, 2007

Edinburgh Castle

Front view of Edinburgh Castle
Stain Glass window of the oldest chapel in Castle



Scott & Pen
View of Edinburgh
Underground Tunnels



Scott, Anne-Claire, Dereck & myself went for a day trip to Edinburgh. We visited the castle and had some haggis for lunch then went to the underground tunnels which are apparently haunted. I didn't feel anything unusual or spooky from the experience. At the castle at 1:00pm everyday one of the cannons are shot off. This has been a tradition for many years to mark the time for the sailors leaving port. Apparently, quite a few years ago an american tourist was sitting on the wall of the castles boundaries posing for his wife when the cannon sounded. He apparently was so startled by the sound he fell off the wall. Now that I have heard the sound the cannon makes I fully understand how it could have happened....it is so loud!!! My heart jumped and I was prepared for the sound.

No comments: