Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Margaret River, Western Australia



The land of the vineyards.
Since leaving Fremantle the rain has been following us along the coast. So I can assure you that setting up a tent in the rain is not too much fun. We pulled into Margaret River late Friday afternoon, just enough time to set the tent & relax alittle before making dinner. I was completely amazed to see this rooster strutting his stuff around the camp site and crowing next to peoples tents. It seemed funny then but I can assure you at 4am....not so funny. In between waking up wet & having this annoying bloody rooster crowing beside our tent...I was not a happy camper. Once the sun had risen Scott went and complained to management.
Besides being alittle tired I was determined that my wine tasting tour was not going to be effected. We jumped on our bus just before noon and went all around Margaret River and visited 5 vineyards. We bought 6 bottles of wine which by the end of the day I can not really remember. There was some funny people on our tour also that just made the day more enjoyable. When we got back to the campsite our little friend the rooster was still there so Scott complained once again. Management were so friendly and understanding that they lets us stay in one of there self contained units...yippie i real bed. So we sat up that night and played guitars and sang with this guy from a band in Perth. His name was Dave and there was another lovely guy there named Henry from Germany. We drank too much again & I pretty well pasted out...all things being equal...I had heaps of fun in Margaret River. There is no photos of the wine tour unfortunately but here are some of the surf. The surfers are amazing, the waves were enormous. I would have certainly drowned.

No comments: