Monday, September 11, 2006

Ayres Rock ( Uluru )

Wild Camels
Awesome little thorny devil
Scott & Me posing in front of the rock
rock before sunset
rock at sunset

Well the rock is still the same...nothing changed there at all. I don't know how many have been out here but on the way to Ayres Rock along Lassester Highway there is a mountain called Mt Connor. I remember when Ian and I came out here for NYE 2000 I fell for the trick that Mt Connor was Uluru...so of course I had to get someone back and poor Scotty fell for it hook, line and sinker...hahahaha...i am sooooo evil. I did eventually tell him the truth. We went the rock which now costs $25 pp for a 3 day pass that gets you into the Olgas also. We watched the sunset over Uluru and it did change through an array of colours over a lovely glass of red..life is really hard at the moment. The next day we rode our bikes around the base as it was too windy to climb. If the wind conditions are over 25kts your not allowed to climb and also the local aboriginal tribes don't really appreciate it either. We drove over to the Olgas also and I must admit I still think they are just as spectacular. My highlight also when driving between the 2 was seeing this cool little Thorny Devil lizard. So check out the photos and don't be afraid to leave a comment now and again.

No comments: