Thursday, June 22, 2006

Vientiane, Capital City of Laos




Vientiane is the capital city of Laos. I travelled with my four Danish friends via kayak from Vang Viang to Vientiane. This was a different way of travelling as opposed to planes, trains & automobiles. When we arrived at Vientiane we decided to go to the Beer Lao factory for a tour.
When we arrived at the factory we had just missed the last tour by 10 minutes..I must admit I was a bit gutted as we had negotiated such a good price with our tuk tuk driver. Beer Lao is 50% owned by Carlsberg which is a Danish company. I was looking down the hallway and saw this european looking man in the VIP room...I said to Conny that she should stand next to the hallway and start talking danish & say how disappointed she was that we had just missed the tour...I must admit that sometimes I am a genius. He overheard us, him being the CEO and told the staff to take his fellow countryman on a tour.

No comments: